Come prepared: Wear proper clothing, and bring sunscreen, tick
protection, snack and beverage, binoculars, and field guide.
Bring lunch if it is an all-day or weekend trip.
• We encourage carpooling. Discuss ahead how to share expenses.
Quiet groups see more birds; please speak quietly if at all, and turn
off all cell phones or put them on vibrate. If you must answer a
call, stay behind the group to complete the call, then rejoin the group.
SAAS encourages protection of birds and their habitat; do not approach
so closely that you cause the bird to alter its behavior.
• SAAS supports the ABA Code of Birding Ethics
; please familiarize yourself with it.
• Children must be accompanied by parent/guardian.
• Pets are not allowed on our trips.
• Any artificial means to attract birds, including “pishing,” will be at the leader’s discretion.
Smokers need to respect the wishes of non-smokers. If you must
smoke, step far away from the group. Leave no cigarette butts.
• Let the leader lead: walking ahead may flush birds before others see them.
• Please do not call trip coordinators after 9 p.m.