• Come prepared:
Wear proper clothing, and bring sunscreen, tick protection,
snack and beverage, binoculars, and field guide. Bring
lunch if it is an all-day or weekend trip.
• We encourage carpooling. Discuss ahead
how to share expenses.
• Quiet groups see more birds; please speak
quietly if at all, and turn off all cell phones or put
them on vibrate.
If you must answer a call, stay
behind the group to complete the call, then rejoin the group.
• SAAS encourages protection of birds and
their habitat; do not approach so closely that you cause the
bird to alter its behavior.
• SAAS supports the ABA
Code of Birding Ethics
; please familiarize yourself with
• Children must be accompanied by
• Pets are not allowed on our trips.
• Any artificial means to attract birds,
including “pishing,” will be at the leader’s discretion.
• Smokers need to respect the wishes of
non-smokers. If you must smoke, step far away from the
group. Leave no cigarette butts.
• Let the leader lead: walking ahead may flush
birds before others see them.
• Please do not call trip coordinators after 9